Wishes for 2014 …
- Reminders that the Christian life settles on loving, caring, and doing
- Presence to both the unanticipated joys and unwanted sorrows that await 2014
- Wisdom to humbly discern the need to move away from “fixing” and “helping” and instead move towards “serving.”
- Interruptions that call us out of self and towards others
- Balance between work, family, and the quiet spaces
- Perspective to keep the storms that surround us in their right place, neither nothing nor everything
- Faith that centers on where we always know God to be … “a love that stretches towards the future”
- Discipline towards the hard work into those areas where self sacrifice, self discipline are needed
- Joy abounding around the gracious opportunities God has placed before us in the New Year
- Generosity, simplicity, connection, service
And of course another Super Bowl for the Steelers would be beautiful too!
Blessings my dear friends on 2014.